OCTOBER EVENTS & COCKTAIL...WELL ACTUALLY JELLO SHOTS!
UPCOMING EVENTS IN LA JOLLA, SAN DIEGO:
October 4-8th: San Diego International Film Festival in Downtown SD and La Jolla
October 4-8th: Fashion Week San Diego in La Jolla
October 7-8th: La Jolla Art and Wine Festival 2017
October 7th: San Diego Botanic Garden Orchid Fair in Encinitas at Quail Gardens
October 11-15th & 18-22 & 24-31: Scream Zone Del Mar @ Fairgrounds
October 1-31st: Haunted Trail of Balboa Park 7-11PM
October 1-31st: The Haunted Hotel in the Gaslamp Quarter
October 28th: Balboa Park Halloween Family Day
ADULT CANDY CORN JELLO SHOTS
What You Need:
1 1/2 cups boiling water, divided
1 (3 ounce) package lemon-flavored gelatin mix (such as Jell-O®)
2 cups vodka, dividedIce cubes
1 (3 ounce) package orange-flavored gelatin mix (such as Jell-O®)
2 tablespoons warm water
1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup light rum
What You Do:
1. Pour 3/4 cup boiling water into a small bowl. Add lemon gelatin mix; stir until dissolved. Pour 1 cup vodka into a glass measuring cup; add enough ice to make 1 1/4 cup. Stir into lemon gelatin until slightly thickened; remove any unmelted ice. Fill tall shot glasses 1/3 of the way with lemon gelatin mixture.
2. Refrigerate until lemon gelatin layer is set, at least 90 minutes.
3. Pour remaining 3/4 cup boiling water into the small bowl. Add orange gelatin mix; stir until dissolved. Pour remaining 1 cup vodka into a glass measuring cup; add enough ice to make 1 1/4 cup. Stir into orange gelatin until slightly thickened; remove any unmelted ice. Pour over lemon gelatin layer.
4. Refrigerate until orange gelatin layer is set, at least 90 minutes.
5. Pour 2 tablespoons warm water into a bowl. Add unflavored gelatin; stir until dissolved. Stir in condensed milk and rum. Pour over orange gelatin layer.
6. Refrigerate until top layer is set, at least 30 minutes.